Saturday 30 October 2010

It's in the moments when the darkness is clouding in that God sends those people who will just sit with you. It's in these moments that Christ shines. When a friend goes beyond the call of a friend, because in Christ we are family. When the fears and the pain wheal and cloud, when you're clinging to the moments when God has spoken to you clearly because even though you know you are walking alone, you feel that you are alone. Suddenly, yet slowly, like a whisper of the Spirit on the air, you know that you have family.

In this moment I realise that the painful thought process that would have happened as I sat alone in my room, the thoughts and memories that were dragged up by love and grief, thoughts that I cannot stem as they crash in on me. These things were spoken, they were voiced to a friend, who sat in patience as I ebbed between releasing the fears that tore at me and holding them back. Now they have been spoken, listened to, now they will not tear me down - at least not tonight.

No comments: